I have a fib. Have had some palpitations every couple of days. Can I ride a roller coaster?

I have had some palpitations every couple days. I am fine with normal exorcise. I have a fib. And was in the ER three days ago. And was in a fib for 40 minutes. Can I ride a roller coaster tommorrow?
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist and I read your question with diligence.
Your doctor has decided to control ventricular rate increase (which cause palpitation) with Metoprolol. If you are still getting episodes perhaps adjustment of dose may be needed.

Of course you can take roller coaster ride. Do not forget to take your medicine Metoprolol that day. If apprehension or anxiety makes you get palpitation more often. Half a tablet of Xanax (0.2 mg) half an hour before ride will be advisable. Only one condition, then you can not drive yourself for 4 hours after Xanax. If that is not possible, ask your doctor to give you some very short acting anxiolytic like Mouth Dissolving tablets of Clonazepam 0.25 mg. Where you can drive after one hour after chewing the drug. If you have any other query please write I will be more than happy to answer that. Good luck.
Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover,
Internist and Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW