Ask a Dentist   »  

I have a dental infection, have taken penicillin vk 500mg

Dentist
Question
I have a dental infection, have taken penicillin vk 500mg 4 times daily for 10 days and it has not completely killed the infection. Should I be concerned and what alternatives should I pursue.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medicines never completely heals infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in.

In dental problems, medicines can just help in treatment but they are not sufficient alone to treat infection. You might need to go for root canal treatment or extraction of associated tooth.
If you can send me IOPAR xray of that tooth then I would be in better position to answer.It better to start with your treatment as early as possible.

Thanks & Regards
Dr. Neha Sumra