I had injection of Voluma about a month and a

Question
I had injection of Voluma about a month and a half ago under the eye area on the cheek bone. Last night I cried for the first time since having it done. This morning I woke up with a huge hard lump under the eye on the cheekbone. It hurts a little to touch, it is not red or warm to touch. Suggestions?
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Does not look like infection

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. Apart from the mild soreness you refer, the area does not seem infected. Sometimes there is a delayed reaction to Hyaluronic acid which is contained in this type of injection and it usually resolves on its own. If it doesn’t, you might want to find a derma expert to reverse the HA with another injection and fix the problem.
If you develop a rash and the area becomes hot and the pain increases, please see a doctor for and antibiotic prescription.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Wishing you good health and all the best.