I had a tummy tuck and now I have a

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
I had a tummy tuck and now I have a rash where they put the tape! Which cream Can I use?
Posted Tue, 5 Dec 2017 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload Images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist). I have noted your concern.
Perhaps you have an allergic reaction or an irritant reaction . Do you have any associated symptoms? itching? burning? pain? etc. Can you upload a few images of the rash in "Reports Section" so that I have a better understanding of the rash?

Follow-up: I had a tummy tuck and now I have a 22 minutes later
It itches a lot

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allergic contact dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
it is allergic contact dermatitis - perhaps to the tape adhesive or may be to the topical ointment that you may have been using? Are you using anything locally?betadine or something else?
I suggest you to use a moderately potent topical steroid e.g either Mometasone furoate 0.1%cream or Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%cream, twice daily. Use it only on the affected area, away from the stitch line. You may also take a tab. cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.

Follow-up: I had a tummy tuck and now I have a 17 minutes later
I’m using a triple antibiotic cream and I took a Benadryl pill! What do u think?

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allergic contact dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
thank you.

Stip triple antibiotic ointment. This rash won't resolve with it.
I suggest you to see one of the above topical steroids(mentioned in my last reply) for the rash. Use it away from the stitch line..
For the stitch line you may use a topical antibacterial e.g either Mupirocin 2%ointment or Fusidic acid 2%ointment, twice daily.