I had a knot in my calf muscle which feels like it has moved up into my knee joint

Hi, I had a knot in my calf muscle which feels like it has moved up into my knee joint. My whole lower leg feels numb and achy and can feel muscle spasms, what is it? How do i fix it?
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Two possibilities- blood clot or muscle cramp. Detailed Answer: Hello, In view of symptoms there are two possibilities. If there is generalised swelling of leg with skin discoloration then it can be a blood clot.This needs a early clinical evaluation and doppler study to confirm. If there is no swelling or skin discoloration then it can be a simple muscle cramp.You need to increase water intake along with electrolytes.Mild painkillers or muscle relaxants can help relieve pain. If you are unable to differentiate between the two, then a precautionary visit to your doctor may be considered. Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.