I am otherwise a very healthy 58 yr old female

Question
I am otherwise a very healthy 58 yr old female taking no medications and dr decided at Feb physical that I didn't need bloodwork, and becuase I was feeling fine then, I thought well I'm good now ... no need to worry. But for the last year or so ... I have recurring (at least monthly) bouts of extended headaches, cold/flu symptoms (generally w/out fever), in May I had acute pericarditis (given 650mg aspirin/8 hrs + colchicine), this month it was one week of cold & achy joints, then vertigo beginning 9 days ago (given meclizine) -- symptoms now only when I bend over and roll in bed; 2 days ago began sore neck, shoulders & joints ... that evening had fever of 101 (haven't had a fever in years), last night fever less than 100.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rule out meningitis. Advice to visit emergency room

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HCM

Your back ground history of pericarditis, vertigo is suggestive of an underlying viral infection like Coxsackie virus. The important concern with your current symptoms of sore neck and high fever is the possibility of virus affecting meninges (covering of brain) called meningitis. Neurological examination, cerebrospinal fluid analysis is recommended at this point. Please be advised to follow up with the emergency room for necessary evaluation. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause of meningitis.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi