I am having a head ache and some dizziness and

Excellent

Question
I am having a head ache and some dizziness and feeling weak... if i want to have saline. Which one should i as i dont a have a doctor to consult near by. By the way i am in thailand. If u can suggest me the name of fluid which is safe and can inject. thank you
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Discussion follows

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
If you do not have diabetes or hypertension you can have 5% dextrose in saline which is safe for symptomatic treatment.
If the symptoms recur, it would require to be investigated.

Do get back to me if you have further queries

Follow-up: I am having a head ache and some dizziness and 54 minutes later
No doctor, i dont have any issues like diabetes and hypertension... can u suggest me the names of medicines and things which should buy in a pharmacy so that i can do my self in my home... thank you

Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Discussion continued

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
It is not safe to take I. V fluids by yourself as there's the risk of infection, air embolism and others. In addition it is only a temporary measure. You need to have a long term solution if your symptoms are persistent.
Please let me have your complete clinical history like all your symptoms, when they started , what brings them on and what relieves them etc.
Any tests done, any treatment taken etc and I shall try to get to the bottom of the problem and advise you.
In the meanwhile eat healthy wholesome food with plenty of water and healthy fluids, avoiding caffeinated beverages and alcohol. Avoid smoking both first and second hand. Walk at least 30 minutes a day. Practice stress relief exercise and techniques if you are prone to stress.

Do get back to me with your input.