I am going to the gym to improve body physique. Suggest some diet plans

Dietitian & Nutritionist
My name is XXXXXX, 26 yrs old.
I request you to provide me with a Diet Chart as I go to gym and improve my body physique.
My height is 5.10"
Weight is 72 Kgs.
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Grace Abraham 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Can you give me your daily routine eating habit from morning till night, and mention if you’re a vegetarian or non-vegetarian. Let me know the goals for your diet plan.
Also, please give the frequency of consuming the following foods in a week:
Non- vegetarian foods, Eggs, Sweets or chocolates, soft drinks, fruit juices, bakery foods, alcohol or smoking habits, and also about your any form of physical activity that you’re doing on a regular basis.
Kindly reply with details , that will help to plan your diet chart.

Grace Abraham
Follow-up: I am going to the gym to improve body physique. Suggest some diet plans 2 hours later
Hi Grace, thanks for your reply.

Presently I am fasting till August 21 due to the holy month of Ramzan.

My other day routine was(when I was jobless)
1. Morning(7.30 am)
4-6 slices of bread with Jam,mayonnise and peanut butter and a glass of milk.

2. Afternoon(12 or 12.30 pm)
4 rotis with 2-3 eggs as ommlette and any curry.

3. Evening(4.30 or 5 pm)
1 full plate of rice with veg or non-veg gravy

4. Before Gym(7 or 7.30 pm)
6 pieces of Badam,10 -pista, 3 - fig, 3-walnuts and one glass of milk.

5. After gym (9pm)
5-6 dates and water(earlier used to take wheyprotein powder mixed with milk and shaken nicely)

6. Dinner (10.30 pm)
1 or 1.5 plate of rice with veg or non-veg gravy and also 3-4 pieces of Chicken or mutton wekly twice.

During leisure time I would also consume bananas and other fruits.

Now presently working and fasting so not doing gym or any other physical exercises.

I request to let me know a suitable time where I can come and XXXXXXX you in person and
you can guide me in a better way by seeing my physique.

please feel free to contact me on 9964-188-320.
Follow-up: I am going to the gym to improve body physique. Suggest some diet plans 1 minute later
I do not smoke nor drink and my goal is to have a very gud physique and be healthy and active.
Answered by Grace Abraham 18 hours later

Thanks for the reply.

According to your height and weight, your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 22.7 kg/m, which is considered as Normal. The normal BMI range is from 18.5-24.9 kg/m. You can try to reduce your weight to 65 kg - 70 kg, and maintain it within the range, mainly the fat distribution in the body should be equal.

I would like to make little changes in your eating pattern, your breakfast can be wheat bread egg omelet with vegetable, restrict on Mayo sauce or peanut butter since they are high in saturated fat.

-Try to have XXXXXXX tea without sugar as a mid-morning snack along with some hi-fiber biscuits XXXXXXX tea helps in fat not being stored in the body and also aids in weight loss.

-Lunch - Pulkas - 3 no's or Pulkas- 2 no's with Rice - 1 Katori can be taken along with dhal, vegetables and skimmed buttermilk, include some salads also.

-During evening, have a very light snack like boiled corn or any fruit or a katori of sprouts or two slices of wheat bread sandwich or low fat fruit flavoured yogurt.

- After your workout, you should have a protein drink so that the exhausted muscle will readily absorb the protein, in order to build can have any fruit milkshake, lassi, flavoured milk, or any other protein XXXXXXX drink soon after your workout.

- Have an early dinner before 8 pm, avoid rice and any preparations made from rice during this time, have either roti made with wheat flour or jowar flour without oil,or any preparation made out of ragi or Broken wheat along with vegetables and dhal, include salads also.

- Bedtime - a fruit or a glass of skimmed milk or buttermilk can be taken.

Fruits like Banana, Seethaphal, Sapota, Avocado, Watermelon, Mango and all Root vegetables (except radish, turnip, carrot) to be avoided in the diet.

- There should be a gap of 1.5 hrs- 2 hrs time interval before you go to bed, after dinner.

- Chicken or fish can be taken twice weekly, preferably in a curry form without coconut or cashewnut used for the preparations.Boiled egg white is preferred rather than whole egg.

- Keep yourself much hydrated, take at least 3-4 litres of water every day.

- Use more of fiber XXXXXXX foods in the diet, like raw vegetables, sprouts, Whole legumes like channa, Rajma..etc

-Take six small meals instead of three big meals, which are equally time spaced.

- Include XXXXXXX Leafy vegetables at least twice in a week.

- Try to do any form physical activity on a regular basis.

Hope you will try to follow the diet.

Best of wishes for success - Start today!!

Grace Abraham