I am diabetic and have digestive disorders. What medicine should I take?

I am diabetic and continue to seek insulin and other medication provided by a diabetologist. However, I have relocated now from Hyderabad to Bengaluru and wanted to seek some support off this portal. Am currently working out an hour every day and consume food at regular intervals. Off late, I am feeling full and there have been digestive disorders and am releasing lots of gas. Do you want me to go through HBA1C? My doctor appointment is due today. However, I wanted to seek your advise from now on online. If you wanted to fetch scanned reports and doctor prescriptions, I will be happy to do so if you provide me a specific Email address. Thanking you in anticipation for responding back.
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. L K Shankdhar 2 hours later
Thanks for resorting to online help.
Currently you are taking 3 oral drugs namely glimepiride, metformin and sexaglipting through 2 of your pills- Blisto 1 MF and Onglyza, besides Insulin.

This is not a standard regimen. I would prefer that you take morning and evening Insulin and fewer pills.

Let me know about the following things so that we can take this ahead properly
a. your weight and height
b. Dose of Insulin
Then I will be able to guide you regarding you treatment better.
You can send the reports to YYYY@YYYY with "Attention to Dr Shankdhar" in the subject.
With good wishes
Dr. Shankhhdar
Follow-up: I am diabetic and have digestive disorders. What medicine should I take? 1 hour later
Dear Mr.Shankdhar,

Thanks for a prompt response. As advised, please find the information requested. I have also forwarded all the diagnosis reports along with the doctor prescriptions as advised to YYYY@YYYY
-     Height- 5’8”
-     Weight- 80 Kilograms
-     Current dose of insulin (10 Minutes prior to dinner) – 18.g/dl
-     Last Doctor visit- July 15, 2012

Answered by Dr. L K Shankdhar 1 hour later

I could not open the attachments and hence had to ask you for more information. Now my advice is as follows:-
If you were my patient and had come to me for a personal consult, this is what I would prescribe for you. But given the fact that I cant examine you , I would suggest you see your personal physician about this.

- Take only Pioz-G2/15 after Breakfast and dinner.
- stop Onglyza and also Metformin present in Blisto-MF
- Start Insulin e.g. Human Mixtard/Huminsulin (30/70) U40 to be injected with U-40 syringe. 2 doses of Insulin are to be taken- one 30 min. before breakfast and dinner.
- Start with a dose of 14 Units before breakfast and dinner and then dose has to be titrated as per future reports, say after a week; preferably after discussing with your treating physician.

Hopefully this treatment shall rid you off gas and achieving better Hb A1c shall be easier.

Wishing good health

Dr. LK Shankhdhar