I am breaking the knuckles quit often. Is there any deficiency that is leading me to do this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I break my knuckles in quite a many joints and quite often. I strive to cut it down but feel very uncomfortable for not doing so. Should that be okay or what do I do for not breaking them. Is there any deficiency that is leading me to do this?
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
Breaking the knuckles causes the release of vacuum that is formed between the joint spaces. If it is painless then there is nothing to worry as it is not likely to cause any harm to the joint.
Repeated breaking of knuckles is not associated with any degenerative changes or joint inflammation. It is not associated with any deficiency or pathology.
You can stop frequent breaking by a strong will power.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.