I am 5'8" and 86 kg. What should be the ideal weight and how to reduce it?

I am 5'8" & 86 kg .What should be my weight & what needs to be done for loosing the weight rapidly.
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 7 hours later

The weight according to your height should be 69 kg. However the desirable range is 65-73. According to your body mass index you are obese.

To lose weight rapidly, rapidly means 3-4 months, you will need some strict restrictions in diet and strict routine of aggressive physical exertion.

The diet modification includes avoiding carbohydrates and fats diets and increase intake of proteins. Use of fluids and water in increased diet. Low intake of wheat bread. Fish and chicken are harmless but when not fried in oil.

Physical exertion includes games which include frequent running like squash, basketball, football or badminton. Swimming is best of all. Regularity in these activities is the key

If you still have some query, feel free to ask.

Follow-up: I am 5'8" and 86 kg. What should be the ideal weight and how to reduce it? 2 days later
Dear Sir,

What should be my diet sothat I can get rid of this overweight,pls suggest.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 33 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
It would be best if a specific diet plan is formulated for you by a dietician. I will make sure that the customer care team calls you and schedule a diet call.
Let me know if you have any other questions