I always have a very tight scrotum

General Surgeon
I always have a very tight scrotum, my testicles never hang free. Even if I'm in the steam. My feet are always cold and I find when I get a erection it's not as hard as it should be and doesn't stay hard for a long time. The tightness causes a rubbing against my thigh and leads to a rash. Which makes walking very difficult. What could this be?
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Every individual is unique and has got own individual anatomy. The scrotum is tight in many individuals because of hyperactive cremasteric muscle which causes the scrotum to be small in size by pulling it upwards. If both the testis are present in the scrotum then there is no cause for concern. Due to wearing inappropriate size undergarment or not using cotton ones, there may be friction along with sweating which predisposes to occurrence of fungal infection and which produces rash. Exact cause will depend on visual examination. Any painful condition or rash around the genitalia may also affect erection. I would suggest you to upload clinical photograph so that detailed assesement is possible. You can upload the photograph on image uploader available. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon