Hysterectomy done. Have duodenal ulcer. Started indigestion and loose motions. Suggest a gastroenterologist

Good

Gastroenterologist
Question
My mother is suffering from Duodenal Ulcer since 1998. The problem had subsided after a prolonged treatment in Kolkata during 1998-99. She then got operated twice once Hysterectomy around 2002 and next Gallbladder stone 4 years ago. Her problem of ulcers is resurfacing now for the past 1 year. She has been suffering from acute conditions of indigestion and loose motions regularly. She is hardly able to digest anything except boiled food. It has become a routine to have loose motions, puking and indigestion now. This is leading to break her health down and has also affected her sleep, as continuous ill health has resulted in her being unable to sleep without the aid of sleeping pills (alparex 0.25 mg).
Please suggest a really good gastroentologist in Bangalore who can help treat her back to normal life.
XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 20 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for contacting Healthcare Magic with your query.

It seems her present problem is not related to duodenal ulcers, as duodenal ulcers do not lead to loose stools. She needs to be evaluated properly for her symptoms by a gastroenterologist.

There are many good gastroenterologists in Bangalore. I am sure you will find someone near your home.

You can contact again if you have any other clarifications.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal

Follow-up: Hysterectomy done. Have duodenal ulcer. Started indigestion and loose motions. Suggest a gastroenterologist 23 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

Please suggest me the top gastroenterologists that you know of. This will be of big help. She stays in Jamshedpur but will be coming to Bangalore in the first week of March. If you can help me in suggesting someone really good and setting up an appointment, I would be forever grateful.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 11 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for contacting again. I don't know many Gastroenterologist in Bangalore since I am based in Delhi. However one Dr XXXXXXX peters is a very good doctor. I do not have his exact contact details. I am sure you will be able to find his contact details from internet. He works in some big private hospital in Bangalore.

Best wishes to you and your mother.

Dr Dinesh Singal