Hypertensive,LDL high,HDL low,total cholesterol high,SGPT elevated,temisartan daily

SGPT: 75
S. CHOL: 239
LDL: 158
HDL: 48
AGE: 30
HEIGHT: 6 ft
WEIGHT: 102 kgs
Im a hypertensive and take 1 Temisartan 40 mg daily and drink around 3-4 drinks daily and eat meat 3-4 times a week.
Please give your opinion.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for query.

You are a young person, hypertensive and over weight.

As per your height your body mass index(height/weight ratio) is high- 30.5. The normal ratio for males is 25. Your ideal weight should around 85 kg. First of all try to reduce your weight, it is most crucial. Your first target should be to loose at least 10% of your weight in one year, that is around 10kg in a year.

Your total cholesterol is also high. The normal is less then 200mg/dl.

SGPT also mildly elevated, normal is less then 40IU/l.

Following are my recommendations to you in view of these changes.

1. Please go for ultrasound abdomen, if not done yet, as you are alcoholic and your sgpt is elevated.

2. Reduce your weight as advised. Please take help from your family doctor and dietitian for planning your diet. Try to avoid high calorie foods like sweet,junk food,eating out side,fried and oily food. Have more of salads and fruits in your diet.

3. Regular exercise is must. Do at least 30 minutes of exercise 5-6 days in a week.

4. Continue anti-hypertensive drug as advised.

5. Go for repeat lipid profile every 6 months.

6. Avoid alcohol and non veg foods ,as it very XXXXXXX in calories.

It may be possible that your weight could be the reason for you being hypertensive.

Also stop tobacco in any form if you are taking.You are quite young so energetic approach is needed.

I hope this answers you query,I will be available for follow up.