Hydrocele in testicles, pain, pimple on right testicles. Testicular cancer?

Urologist
Question
dr….i am having pain frequently….whn i was small i was havng hIdrocele in tht right testical whch was automatically cured …..(back to normal size) bt i am still having pain in ths testicals (right side) pls pls tell me wht to doo pan r nt major bt it pain minorly…. i am worried tht i may have testical cancer....pls tell me (i feel sumthing wrong in my testicals.....like a pimple in my right testicals i was going through online search for ths...picture come ) http://www.pres2.com/symptoms-of-testicular-cancer/ please reply me asap....m worried
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 6 hours later
Dear,

Based on your symptoms and age it is UNLIKELY that you are having testicular cancer and hence stay reassured.

However, your symptoms certainly merit examination by an urologist.

You can have various reasons for this pain such as varicocele, epididymitis, epididymal cyst or inflamed rete testis. Your pain does not have relation to the hydrocele you had in the childhood. Hence a detailed physical examination along with some relevant investigations is needed to confirm the diagnosis.

Till you see urologist I will suggest you to use scrotal support and keep your testis elevated; this shall help in relieving pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Should you have any additional queries, I will be available to address them. Please accept my answer if you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Hydrocele in testicles, pain, pimple on right testicles. Testicular cancer? 2 hours later
wht do u mean by

However, your symptoms certainly merit examination by an urologist. ?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later
Hi again,

The pain and small lump you feel in the testis should be seen by urologist and confirmed to be a rete testis or inflamed epididymis or epididymal cyst or any other conditions mentioned in my earlier reply.

All these condition can produce similar symptoms such as yours. A clear diagnosis can by established after a physical examination.

Hope I have clarified your doubts. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries. If you have any other doubts regarding my recommendation, I will be happy to resolve them.