Hx of intraoccluar pressure vision comes and goes. Eyes swollen and hurts. Advise?

I have a hx of intraoccluar pressure vision comes and goes in just one eye, Dr said it pressure in my head. No pain though. Now Both eyes are RED Swollen and feel like bruises ... hurts so bad, this has happened 2 times in 2 weeks. What can this be ?

Thank you
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 8 hours later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Such episodic rise of pressure has to be investigated.It is good that you are already under medical supervision.
starting with general examination like BP ,nervous system examination and eye examination including regular iop monitoring to ascertain that rest of the time when you not having this problem there is no rise of pressure in the eye.
The list of investigations includes sugar level,and CT/MRI to exclude any pathology in the brain.
We have to keep the possibility of benign intra cranial hypertension.
please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.