Hurt the tip of the nail. Painful turned blue. Lost sensitivity. Have swelling. Advise?

Closed a door on the tip of my middle finger, the door closeled completely before my fingernail. It's been 3 days now, it hurts like hell, the nail is totally blue, and i've a total lost of sensitivy on the tip of the finger. I can still move it. It looks deformed a little bit. Most people tell me to wait nothing doctor can do even if the tip of the finger is broken. The skin part just before my nail is really swollen. I'm on vacation in Canada going back to my country in 7 days. Please advise. Can provide picture, ready to pay for advanced advice.
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 57 minutes later
Brief must consult a doctor since you are complaining of slight deformity also.
Detailed answer...
Blue nail,throbbing pain with loss of sensitivity of finger tip is because of subungual hematoma where blood pools below the nail,surface resulting in throbbing pain for many days.Since it is already more than three days,ice packing and local finger trephination is of no use because blood would have co agulated.
In nail trephination,you make a hole in nail which results in draining of blood and making you comfortable.
Treatment now consists of taking ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day and getting the part X-rayed to look for any fracture.
If there  is breach of skin,you would require a course of antibiotics.
Start ibuprofen and consult a doctor.
I hope it helps however,you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck