How to treat sudden rashes on hands, fingers, feet and inner thighs that are itchy, burning and tingling ?

General Surgeon
I'm having a rash on my hands, fingers, feet, part on my arms and inner thighs. It came on last night all of a sudden. It burns, tingles, and somewhat itches, especially on fingers and feet. Do you have any ideas on how to fix it?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 36 minutes later
     Sudden appearance of rash with burning ,tingling ,itching sensation is generally due to some kind of allergy reaction to some allergens. Allergens can be drug ,some food ,even some insect ,bee or mosquito bite. List is long .Allergens can be visible or invisible .Some time it can be due to some viral infection also.Allergic reactions sign & symptoms can be local or generalized. As your sign are limited to part of limbs only,it goes more in favor of allergic reaction .Pattern of allergic rash varies from one allergen to other. It will subside spontaneously with in a day or two. A topical antihistamine like CALADRYL lotion is helpful initially. Else you should pick antihistamine twice a day with Cetrizine or Loratidine in it. They should be available as Over the counter, else a pharmacist should help you at the store.

If it don`t subside then you will be required to consult dermatologist for proper diagnosis & treatment.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”