How to solve problem of frequent bowel movement?

Good Morning DOC, I am 42 yr old guy,having a problem of going to toilet for 3-4 times in a day for the last 2 months.i took ciplox TZ for 4 days then problem was solved.Now again started. Please give suggestion Thank you XXXXX
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Intermittent colitis, wait and watch Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX, You seem to be having a problem of using the toilet for 3 to 4 times in a day for the last 2 months. Let me tell you that for some people this is normal. If you do not have other symptoms like abdominal pain, then there is nothing to worry. You have also taken Ciplox TZ for the same, and the problem was resolved. In my view, this seems like a re-infection or intermittent colitis. I suggest you to take probiotics like Yakult drink on a daily basis. This is available at the local stores. Also, you can take a one week course of Tablet Sporlac thrice daily. This will replenish the intestinal flora. I would also suggest you to take a bowl of curd daily. Avoid eating oily, spicy and high fatty food that are difficult to digest. If you have a regular healthy diet and eating pattern, this problem will resolve soon. There is nothing seriously wrong with you. Consume more fiber in the form of vegetables and fruits. I suggest you to observe for a month with all these measures. If you still face the same problem, then we can think of getting a Colonoscopy done. Hope this helps you. Regards,