How to resume voice to normal after cough?

I have a throat problem wherein I am some cough and my voice level has gone down> I have done vapour inhalation due to which my coughing has reduced but not gone and how to get voice in normal? Suggest some OTC medicines
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Dysphonia takes time Detailed Answer: Hi Voice rest is very important for you at this stage. Keep inhaling the vapors and do not talk unless necessary till the time your voice resumes normal. The vocal cords carry a lot of swelling and thus the voice pitch comes down. For the swelling to subside it takes a more time (3 to 7 days) than other tissues affected. You can just use TUSQ lozenges and salt water gargles to get better soon. Good health.