How to reduce high SGOT and SGPT levels?

Question
My sgot sgpt levels r high.i am on Methotrexate for Auto Immune Disease Morphia.is the levels high because of the medication? How to lower it
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: please mention the total LFT picture Detailed Answer: Hi Mrs XXXXXXX Methotrexate is a very good drug but it has some toxicity over long term use, one of which is liver disease. Can you please mention the total LFT picture? waiting for reply.

Follow-up: How to reduce high SGOT and SGPT levels? 0 minute later
Sgot 88, sgpt 66

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: please answer Detailed Answer: Have you ever been diagnosed with fatty liver (by ultrasound scan)? are you obese or over weight? do you have diabetes?

Follow-up: How to reduce high SGOT and SGPT levels? 10 minutes later
No diabetese.my at is 65 kg.no fatty lever.my shot& spgt were very much normal before 6 months

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Stopping MTX at this stage will revert your report Detailed Answer: Then we should take it as an effect of Methotrexate. Prolonged use of MTX in patients with abnormal liver tests can result in hepatic fibrosis and permanent liver damage. I would recommend you to change over to alternative drugs like sulfasalazine or hydroxychloroquine after consulting your doctor. Stopping MTX at this stage will revert your reports to normal. All the best.