How to reduce gas formation in a newborn child?

Feb 2013

How to identify and reduce gas pain for my one month old son
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Burping, neopeptine oral drops. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Gas formation in newborn child around 1 month age is common and it subsides as the child grows. It is identified by passing gas frequently and some times discomfort will present as colicky pain and crying. It can be reduced by the following measures: 1. Burping the child properly after each breast feed. 2. Proper attachment and latching the child to breast during breast feeding to prevent swallowing of air. 3. By giving oral drops such as Neopeptine drops in prescribed dose. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.