How to prevent complications after surgery for subclavian artery aneurysm ?

Dear Doctor,
My mom underwent treatment and surgery of subclavian artery aneurysm which was done open. could you please enlighten me about post surgery life of the patient. will she be able to carry out her daily chores . will she be able to recover from pain that she is undergoing after the surgery. please guide
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Surgery for subclavian artery aneurysm is not associated with any long term problems unless it is associated with some complications during the surgery like nerve injury or nerve impingement.

Post operatively anticoagulants are given to prevent clot formation near the site of operation as the clots formed might get lodged into the heart.

Every surgery is associated with pain and it subsides gradually as the wound heals up.Your mother will also recover in 10-15 days and after that will definitely return to her normal life.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.