How to overcome low HDL levels?

Oct 2013

i am XXXXX please find report and suggest to overcome low HDL ie 27 after regular dose of Rosuvas 5- statin tablet for six month. i have no other problem recoded.
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Niacin and healthy life style . Detailed Answer: Hello dear XXXXX. Thanks for your query at XXXXXXX I understand your concern. I have gone through you reports HDL cholesterol seems to be low. There are medical and non medical methods to improve your HDL cholesterol . Medical include like statin group of drugs that your already taking over past 6 months. Niacin can improve HDL cholesterol levels in body significantly when compared to other drugs. Consult your physician for Niacin dosing in your medication. Non medical methods include 1) loss of weight 2) regular exercises at least 5 days in week. 3) taking foods rich in omega 3 fatty acid especially fish. 4) avoid alcohol or smoking . 5) avoid high fat and sugar containing foods. 6) take fresh fruit juices. These all increase your HDL cholesterol levels and also improve your health. Hope I answered your query . Any further information you can ask me in follow up Regards.
Follow-up: How to overcome low HDL levels? 21 hours later
Low HDL is risky. My weight is constant 64 and height 5'4". i am vegetarian. For excise should I join GYM.? More important I noticed when I walk in evening body is shaking and I lose my balance some extend. Is there any relation with HDL or any other symptom?
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: regular exercise like walking, jogging. Detailed Answer: Hello dear XXXXX. There is no need to join gym for this. Simple exercise like daily morning walking, jogging and cycling can be enough but should be done at regular interval. For your age your height and weight seems within normal range. No there is no relationship between HDL levels and body shaking or loss of balance. Hope I answered your query. Regards.
Follow-up: How to overcome low HDL levels? 13 minutes later
what is reason for loss of balance
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: get bllod pressure and blood glucose estimated. Detailed Answer: Hello dear XXXXXXX garge. Loss of balance can be due to fluctuation in blood pressure , blood glucose during your walking. It can be due to inner ear problem also. My recommendation would be that get blood pressure and blood glucose levels estimated. If these values are within normal range then ear examination might be necessary. Regards.