How to motivate a child for potty training who is in no mood to learn?

My 3.5 years son is having problem in doing potty in toilet. He is tells us about pee n does that in bathroom, but is in no mood to learn potty. In case if we make him sit in potty he holds it back & then has stomach ache. He does it in underwear & then informs us & sometimes doesnot bother. Please help me how do i motivate him for potty training. we have scrapped diapers & also trying all possible ways by way of gifts & all to encourage him to learn
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 5 hours later

I am sorry and I can understand your concern. Please try the following tips:

Use a potty or toilet which looks interesting to the kid like put colors to it or decorate it.
Explain the process in very simple terms.
Never force them if they refuse to use it, since it becomes more difficult to convince them later. This is very important.
As you might already been doing, praise and reward them.
Help him to relax on the toilet.
Except while sleeping, stop using diapers.
If the training upsets them, wait for a month and try again.

Take Care!