How to motivate a 3 years old child?

My son is 3 years old, healthy and very active. He is very excited about learning and doing things himself.
He, however, is not very forthcoming when he goes on the stage. Last month there were 2 competitions where he had to go on the stage and talk a few lines. He did not say much on both occasions.
How do I positively motivate him to do well on stage ?
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 2 hours later

First of all let me congratulate you for your 3 years old son who is active and excited about learning. With the help the parent’s encouragement and good education he should be able to grow up to be a healthy and useful adult.

Currently I only advise you to just encourage him and praise him for his good deeds. Also pay attention to him in whatever he does. He probably might be shy but never label him as such. Encourage him to take part in competitions. He is only three with engorgement he will do well I am sure about that.

Hope this was useful. I will be available to answer should you have any more concerns.

Kindest regards
Dr. S.K.Mukherjee