How to manage my work and relationships while taking buspin and nicotex for anxiety problems?

dear doctor, I took an overdose of arip 10 more than a month ago..i feel I have gained weight on my breasts I have voices in my head but I have. held a job since 1 year. I have anxiety disorder which comes in the way of my performance at work. work weight and relationship are my obsessions I take buspin 5 mg 2 to3 times a day. I don't want to take it. I have started taking nicotex to handle my anxiety problems. how to handle weight work and relationships. please advice.
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later
Brief Answer: you need continued treatment Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX What is overdose of Arip (Arpiprazole) that you mean? Do you mean to say that you took an extra tablet. If so please do not be worried about it. It may not be overdose. Yes, with Arip, you can gain weight. You seem to notice it more on the breasts. It is a known side effect of Arip use. Work, weight and relationships are three different aspects of life. Continue to take Buspin as advised by your doctor. Medicines can aid and sustain a smoother life and get your work going. After a fracture of the arm, they put a POP mold or tie a stick by straightening the arm. POP or stick would aid in healing but it is not the medicine. Similarly these medicine that you take Buspin or Arpi aid in keeping your life smooth and steady. You will be able to manage work and relationship. I understand that you do not wish to take it. You need not take it lifelong but you should take it at least until the time you feel better about yourself and your life. Nicotex does not help with anxiety in any way, buspin does. I do not know the need for you to take Nicotex. Now, here are my suggestions to you: - You already know what your problem is, I am glad about that. You can help yourself better now. - First thing you must feel good about yourself. - For the weight, do not bother much about it initially. You can taper the dose of your medicines. Start exercising and eat healthy. Exercise will change your outlook on life. You will like yourself more when you exercise. You would have dual benefits of it i.e. you will lose weight, and your need for medicine intake will reduce. Your outlook on life would change. - For the work, do not let it take over you. Enjoy the work you do; else you may think of changing the work. Work at the optimum level. Do not strain yourself both physically and mentally. To keep you in the right pace, you may try relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation. - For the relationships, you must learn from your experiences. If you have the wrong people in your life, you must leave them now. You must be glad for the good people in your life. Making bold and strong decisions in relationships is important for anybody. More than anything else, love yourself more. These are my brief suggestions to you. For now, to get the voices out of your head, you must continue your medications. Please discuss with your doctor about the same. Wish you good health. Regards,
Follow-up: How to manage my work and relationships while taking buspin and nicotex for anxiety problems? 43 hours later
I am satisfied with your answer. Will i be able to work well by avoiding taking nicotex and taking Buspin? My doctor says i should take it only in anticipation of a stressful event. I get the anxiety pangs for no reason. I am hooked to it. What should i do?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes, you can perform optimally at work Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your feedback. Yes, you can work optimally with Buspin. Take the right dosage in consultation with your doctor. A minimal dose would suffice for you. You seem to be hooked to the anxiety attacks now. At this point, you must take the medicine Buspin regularly for at least 3 weeks continuously. Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) in the form of sessions spread over 6 to 8 weeks can help you overcome this problem. You can also learn other relaxation techniques like meditation, and yoga to remain away for anxiety pangs. Wish you good health.