Ask a Urologist   »  

How to make the urethra smaller in men ?

when i was younger is was a "cutter" and cut my urethra open so that it is now larger than normal. Is there a way of now reversing this so that it back to normal, even though it has been a number of years???
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your question.

As for your question, it is conceivable that the opening could be made smaller. This would have to be evaluated in person by a urological surgeon. If it is not causing you any discomfort or contributing to infection, there would be no clear indication to address this surgically other than for cosmetic reasons.

This would be a delicate surgery and if you want to seek specialist consultation for this, please see a urologist or urological surgeon as they have specific expertise in this field. Even though it has been a number of years, a surgical option would be considered but might not be medically indicated as I mentioned above.

If you have a strong preference to correct the defect, talk to your primary doctor to obtain a referral.

I hope I have provided an adequate answer to your query. I am available for your followups.