How to know if I am suffering from flu or strep infection?

how can I tell the difference between strep and the flu?I'm having symptoms of both but really not sure which one I may have; what should I do?
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later
The only way to know the infection you are suffering from is by getting a swab culture done. Bacterial infections are usually associated with a high grade fever with chills and rigor. But it is best to get yourself examined and investigated under the guidance of your physician.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: How to know if I am suffering from flu or strep infection? 14 minutes later
thank you. I just discovered a new symptom, I went to the restroom to discover a lot of blood like I am on my period or something, but this can't be so because I just got off of my period like January 31...should I go to the ER?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The sudden bleeding that you had is likely to be due to a mild hormonal disturbance. If this has happened for the first time then you need to wait for a few days for it to subside spontaneously.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.