How to increase weight during prgnancy?
User rating for this question
Hi, I am 6 months pregnent and not gaining weight so is baby's growth is low. I am eating properly though. My first pregnancy was also same baby was very weak had to operate a month before due time. I am taking suppliments as protien powder and argiprime daily. Still nothing is working. Please advise.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Bed rest, nutritious food Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. When intrauterine growth retardation of the baby is found in first pregnancy, sometimes that can repeat in subsequent pregnancies for unknown reasons. The measures you can follow are: -Taking bed rest as per as possible. Prefer left lateral position. This will increase the placental perfussion, thereby nutritional supply to the baby increases. -Take nutritious diet including cereals, dhal, vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, egg, milk etc. Devide the food into three main meals and two snacks. Take plenty of water, fluids etc, maintaining normal amniotic fluid index is necessary for better growth of the baby. -Regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations to detect any risk factor for IUGR at the earliest. -You can continue protein powder and argiprime etc. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
People also viewed
- Have chronic placental insufficiency are my medications safe for baby
- During pregnancy how to increase baby weight
- Irregular periods brownish discharge pregnancy test negative advice
- 39 weeks pregnant nipple discharge
- 39 weeks pregnant feeling tired sick fever
- Missing periods pregnancy test negative susten 300
- How to increase fetus weight during pregnancy
- How to increase weight during prgnancy
- Heart attack during prgnancy
- 39 weeks pregnant dizzy and dry heaving
- Unprotected sex less duration of periods sensitive nipples pregnant
- How to increase fetal weight during pregnancy
- 39 weeks pregnant eyes sensitive to light
- 39 weeks pregnant eye keeps twitching
- Sore nipples nausea vomiting delayed periods pink spotting pregnancy chances