How to increase my weight?

Dear Sir, My age is 28 years,height 173 cms & weight is 56 kg.As per my knowledge my weight should be 65 kgs.Pls help me for increase my health,now i am looking very thin. Pls suggest
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 days later
Brief Answer: Frequent Calorie rich snacks. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Your BMI ( Body Mass Index) is 18.71. You are in Normal Weight category. Thus nothing to worry about your weight. Even weighing a little less than your ideal body weight is not a problem and studies show it is associated with good health outcomes For your reference, the BMI categories are Underweight = <18.5 Normal weight = 18.5–24.9 Overweight = 25–29.9 Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater 1. Eat Nutrient rich foods. Because Weight gain requires eating calorie-rich but also nutrient-rich foods not just high-calorie foods with lots of fat, sugar, or empty calories. 2. You must choose foods that are rich with vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and calories so each bite is loaded with good nutrition. 3. Your diet must contain fruits, vegetables, whole grains and milk as well as meat, fish and egg. 4. If you want to snack, take high calorie rich and high protein rich snacks. 5. Always make sure your diet is rich in protein. 6. Take a little walk before eat. This is one of the many ways to help fire up your appetite. 7. When you are not hungry, take your favorite comfort foods. 8. Choose Plant fats such as nuts, peanuts, seeds, peanut butter, almond butter, avocados, hummus, and oils are great sources of healthy fats loaded with nutrients and calories and smaller amounts of lower-fat dairy and lean meat animal fats, so your weight gain efforts 9. Eat nuts by the handful or sprinkle them on top of soups, salads, cereal, desserts for added protein, fiber, healthy fat, and calories. 10. Exercise regularly for 45 minutes a day for at least 5 days a week. These are all the healthy tips to gain weight. Do not unnecessarily take any health supplements to gain weight acutely. This may result in many problems like fatty liver, Flatulence and bowel disturbances. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.