How to improve heart function and make it healthy?

Cardiologist, Interventional
How to Improve Heart Function & How to Make Heart Healthy Enough
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 24 hours later

I need small clarification here. Is your question pertaining to diseased heart or normal heart? If you are talking about the heart that is weakened by some disease process and want to know how improve its functioning or are you talking about maintaining health of normal heart?

The ways of improving a diseased and weakened heart is different from methods of preventing disease.

Please get back to me with details so that I can precise answer as per your requirement.

Follow-up: How to improve heart function and make it healthy? 22 hours later
Hi ,
Yes , I need to Know Regarding Heart Complication , My Mom is Heart Patient and Also Having High BP , As wel as My Friend is Also Having Heart Complication , Her Heart Size is Little Bit increased , As per Doctor My Friend Thyroide Had Increased Upto 10% is it Because of that Her Heart Size had Increased ... Kindly Suggest Me What Should Be In Diet to Increase Blood as Wel Because Both are Having Less Blood ,,,, Thier Hands is Always White as Compare to Normal Person
Plz Suggest Me Regardind Diet Which Need to Follow ******
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 21 minutes later
For the week heart you need to give couple of medicines such as Angiotension converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEI), Angiotension receptor blocker (ARB) and Beta bloockers. In addition it is essential to treat the cause of weakness.

Daily exercise especially walking for 45min would also help.

For improving blood one needs to take balanced diet, containing good amount of fruits, vegetables and pulses.

Let me know if you need clarifications.