How to improve IQ in mentally retarded patient?
User rating for this question
My doughter age about 19 yrs has been suffurring for mentally retardation. Now she is improving but i want to vist cmc in the month of March' 2014. Pls inform .
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: IQ will not improve with medications Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Your daughter is 19 year old and the IQ of the patient may not improve further. Moreover no medication can improve the IQ. Its only her adaptive skills that can help her further and this requires intensive occupation rehabilitation. You can visit CMC as its a good institute but try to continue your treatment at your local place as it will require frequent follow-ups. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
People also viewed
- 10yrs old iq and mental retardation
- Drugs/medication for west nile meningitis
- Drugs/medication for acute hydrocephalus
- Drugs/medication for end stage dementia
- Can circumcision cure short frenullum
- Being a teenager how can i get regular menstruation
- What could happen if mixing methadone with bath salt
- Drugs/medication for particularly abdominal obesity
- Is mintop a good solution for hair loss
- How to reduce anger anxiety and improve mental performance
- Suggest to take tab rizora 5 mg for migraine
- How can i improve mental strength
- How to cure muscle weakness and improve mental health
- Drugs/medication for hypoxic ischemic injury
- How to cure a mentally retarded male