How to handle a stubborn child?

Hello, I've three year old daughter, she is very stubborn and rude with us. She'll cry for something that she wants and wont stop till she gets it however when we explain her that if you cry you'll not get what you want and only then she calms down, however, this is on rare occasions. She even gets physical if her demands aren't met. Is there any technique that can be used effectively.
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern but relax there is nothing to worry.

This is normal behavior in toddlers and this is not related to CAH.

Here are few suggestions;
-Be patient with your child.

-Make a reward program for your child.Give her some incentives like taking her for an outing to a park if she does not shout.

-Spend time with your child.sometimes such behavior is just to avoid boredom or to seek attention

-whenever your child is having tantrums do not scold her this will only potentiate her action, rather be cool try to divert her attention and indulge her in some kind of recreational activity .

-balanced and nutritious diet is very important as sometimes deficieny of some important minerals and vitamins also lead to such behavior.

-give plenty of fluids,salads,green leafy vegetables.fruit

-avoid all kind of junk food.

Be in regular follow up with your doctor regarding her treatment for CAH.

Hope this helps,if you have any further query I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless..