How to groom children against sexual molestation?

Hi, my child is 5 years old.
i understand that kids might have a sexual phrase by touching themselves during naptime or so and hence i do discourage him by saying that it is wrong.
But today i received a call from the day care centre saying he touched a girl private part under the skirt.
How should i handle such situation ?
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to talk to him directly and educate him

Detailed Answer:
I know this can be embarrassing for a parent when it comes as a call from the teacher.
Do not worry, be bold and face the issue.

If I were the mother I would talk to the child directly and educate him on the sex by showing him each part of the body including the private parts when he is bathing. At 4 to 5 yrs they may start exploring the private parts that they do not own like in your case.

At this age children will not come to know about the right and wrong until and unless you explain them clearly the things and educate him about this.This is the age we must teach them the right things as they will obey you soon and follow your statements.

Just remember that sex education to children would not increase the sexuality but lead to safer and more positive interactions in future while they grow as teenager.

This link can help you, WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope this helps you.