How to get rid of swelling,tenderness,burning sensation and numbness in grion area?

I have swelling ,tenderness,slight burning sensation&numbness in my right grion above the genitals
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later

The symptoms you describe are most likely related to a bit of nerve compression that may be related to the use of the climbing harness. This is usually self limited and will resolve in a number of days. It does not sound like a hernia unless you can somehow feel a lump or bulge in the groin area.

In order to facilitate the recovery process, I suggest you try taking ibuprofen 600 mg (3 tablets) three times per day for the next 2 to 3 days. Take this with food as it sometimes irritates the lining of the stomach.

I hope this information has been helpful and reassuring for you. I am certainly available for followups regarding this if you need.

Dr. Robert Galamaga