How to get rid of red bump on the tip of nose?

Dermatologist
Question
I have had an ugly red bump on the tip of my nose for the last several years. it is the first thing i notice and would like to get rid of it. what should i do.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query, Bump on the nose is usually seen in a condition called as rhinophyma. It can be removed by radiofrequency ablation. However I would like to see a photograph of the lesion. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and a better line of management. Please upload a photograph of the lesion. There is an option to do so on right side of query page. Waiting for your response. Thank you

Follow-up: How to get rid of red bump on the tip of nose? 16 minutes later
There are actually two bumps but one is quite red...I have uploaded a photo

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the photograph Yes these spots can be removed with radiofrequency. Please meet a dermatologist. It is a small procedure and will take around half hour to remove these lesions. Thank you