How to get rid of recurring headache?

Nov 2013

Hi, I get very often headaches starting from the eyebrow to the centre of the head. mostly its on the left side
Posted Sun, 27 Jan 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 49 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely cause for your repeated headaches is migraine.

In migraine, headache is often present only on one side. It may be accompanied with nausea or vomiting. Headache may get aggravated with bright light or noise.

Since you have frequent headaches, you may require preventive medications (to reduce the headaches in future). Medicines helpful in prevention of headache include divalproex, topiramate, beta blockers, etc.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow-up: How to get rid of recurring headache? 16 minutes later
Thank you Dd XXXXXXX But I don't have nausea or vomiting. The headaches seem to be continuous for the last few days. Does it have anything to do with eyes? I don't wear spectacles till date.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 30 minutes later

Thank you for getting back with more details.

Nausea or vomiting may not be present in some cases of migraine.

Generally, your symptoms do not seem to be eye-related, but it may be useful to get an eye check-up done.

For pain relief, you may take rizatriptan tablets or ibuprofen tablets.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)