How to get rid of pimple scars?

HI sir,
How to get rid of pimple scars
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 31 minutes later

Pimple scars are of different types.

Once an active pimple subsides it immediately leaves behind a pigmented spot we call it Post inflammatory pigmentation. Another scar seen immediately is flat red spot.

Larger inflamed and infected pimples may leave behind pitted scars. The pits are also of three types.
Basically treatment of scars basically depend on the type of scar you have.

Pigmented scars can be treated with chemical peels and gels. Pitted scars need invasive procedures. Subcision, Derma roller, Fractional ablative and non-ablative lasers, Dermabrasion, Microdermabrasion, TCA CROSS etc. are treatments available to improve your scar.

A pitted scar is a permanent scar. All these treatments can improve the look, make the pits shallower but your skin can never become normal baby skin smooth.

You have an option of uploading your photograph. Kindly upload it so that I can assess your scar and suggest treatments. Usually a combination of different scar treatments give the best results.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.