How to get rid of itchy dandruff?

I am suffering from dandraff which XXXXXXX itch to much and white powder fals if I rub the head. Please suggest
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 9 minutes later
Thanks for the query I would be pleased to answer you with the same .
You will need to follow a regimen for about 2 months .

You should use over the counter ketoconazole shampoo twice a week and fluocinolone containing shampoo one day a week .

In case it does not improve with this treatment in a weeks times , you will need to put a steroid based lotion overnight on the scalp for atleast 15 days .
There is no need to wash the hair and scalp daily .

Please also book an appointment with the Dermatologist to rule out Psoriasis of the Scalp if it does not improve in 6 weeks

Thanks and take care.
Follow-up: How to get rid of itchy dandruff? 18 hours later
Hai can you please refer the brand of shampoo which contains the ingredients you have prescribed.
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 4 hours later
Thanks for the query .
Over the counter anti dandruff shampoo is Nizral lotion .. Fluocinolone shampoo is Sebowash . You would need a prescription for this shampoo.
Follow-up: How to get rid of itchy dandruff? 20 hours later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
You are welcome.
Please do give a positive Feedback . It would add to my credentials. Thanks