How to get rid of itching problem during change in weather?

Jun 2015

I have it hing problem due to weather change. XXXX
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly provide few details Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Regarding your complaints, kindly let us know about the following: 1. What symptoms are you having at present? 2. Since how many days you are experiencing them? 3. Any significant past history of systemic illness like Diabetes, Hypertension, etc.? 4. History of intake of certain medications? 5. Any history of smoking or alcohol consumption? 6. Any recent history of Stress, improper nutrition or inadequate sleep? A knowledge of the above mentioned facts will be helpful in understanding your concern better & formulate an appropriate management plan. Hoping to hear from you soon. Wishing you a good health. Take care.
Follow-up: How to get rid of itching problem during change in weather? 14 hours later
Hello Doctor, Please see below the response to the queries: 1. I get itching during the cold weather, every evenings as the weather colder. 2. This is a seasonal health problem of itching. 3. Every year during the cold weather, i get this itching on my skin. 4. No history of medication. 5. No smoking or drinking habits. 6. No stress, nutrition in control, adequate sleep of 8 hrs per day. Regards XXXX XXXXXXX / 31/M
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 2 days later
Brief Answer: Allergic reaction & dehydration status of skin Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your follow up query. I have gone through the case history as mentioned in your post. The symptoms can be attributable to allergic reaction in the body & dehydration status of the skin secondary to exposure to cold weather. Symptomatic relief can be obtained with: 1. Antihistamine preparation like Allegra 60 mg twice a day (to be taken after meals) 2. Montelukast preparation as maintenance therapy 3. Application of Calamine lotion over the affected areas 4. Avoid exposure to cold, dust & other allergens 5. Avoid using strong medicated soap without consultation. Your symptoms will be relieved with this. If you still find any difficulty, kindly get an Allergen test done under the guidance of a Dermatologist. It will help in detecting the exact allergen & specific action can be taken against it. Wishing you a Good Health. Take care.