How to get rid of heaviness and pain in knee after injury?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i fell down 3 months before from my 2 wheeler had problem of knee ligaments now i am ok but quite heaviness i feel in my knee i can walk but still pain is there.what is solution to get rid of this heaviness and pain
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Physiotherapy and Exercises Detailed Answer: DearXXXXX, Thanks for writing in. Assuming that you have already visited your orthopaedic doctor and had MRI of your knee joint done. MRI only gives detailed information of your ligaments and associated injuries. Considering your age and duration of your problem, simple physiotherapy will help you a lot. Such heaviness will be there, but will subside in due course of time if you gain good muscle power in your thighs from physiotherapy and exercises. Simple exercise like straight leg raising, initially without weight, then with weights will increase your muscle tone. I would suggest you to visit your physiotherapist. He/She will put you on range-of-movement exercises for your knee along with quadriceps and hamstrings strengthening exercises. Once you are confident enough to do such exercises by your own, you can practice those exercises in your home itself. Get well soon.