How to get rid of excessive sweating in palms and feet?

Hi. This is XXXXXXX. I am getting excess sweating in palms and feet. This has been from my childhood. What precautions I can take to avoid excess sweating ? Please suggest me on this. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 51 minutes later

The problem of excessive sweating in palm and feet is known as palmo plantar hyperhidrosis.

There are several treatment options available for the same-

1)     apply aluminium hexahydrate lotion over your palms and soles in night and wash it the next day. Do it for a week and then use it once in a week. It is available in the market as ALDRY LOTION.

2)You can also go for formalin 1 percent soaks for hands and feet twice in a day but it is less effective than aldry lotion.

2)     there are several other treatment options like Botox injections, iontophoresis or surgical methods to be tried if sweating is too severe.

3)     as stress anxiety increases palmo plantar sweating try and remain stress free.

4)     wear cotton socks and well ventilated foot wears.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be further queries, I would be happy to assist you. Take care.