How to get rid of dark circle under eyes?

I have dark circle under my eyes.My food intake includes fruits & vegetables of all kind.Also i drink plenty of water(2 litres).my height is 5.2 & weight is 54kg.i'm not getting sleep properly.Also i'm very much depressed if something goes wrong.can u tell me why this happen & the solution for dark circle?
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 41 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

Dark circles under the eye can be caused by several factors.
The common causes are low hemoglobin or anemia,faulty lifestyle like sleeping late night,inadequate sleep,working on computers and laptops for long hours.

Other rare causes include allergies,atopic dermatitis,liver disease,age and hereditary factors.

Out of all these what factors you are having?
As you have mentioned you have got low haemoglobin.It is very common and easily treatable cause.You can take fersolate CM tablets one daily till your haemoglobin is 12 or more.

Continue your intake of fruits and vegetables.Please get checked once for hemoglobin and liver function test.Get your eyes checked for refraction.

Avoid getting depressed by everyday things.Avoid working long hours on computers.You can take a 5 minute break after an hour .

Be sure to drink enough water.

Wear sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30 under the eyes to prevent skin weakening caused by sun damage.

Get plenty of rest.

You can apply cool cucumber slices over closed eyes for 15 minutes.

Vitamin C helps to strengthen blood vessel walls.Try takin lot of vitamin c containing foods.

The dietary supplements grape seed extract and pycnogenol contain antioxidant pigments that may help to strengthen blood vessels.
Certain foods, such as cranberries, blueberries, bilberries, tea (green and black), black currant, onions, legumes, and parsley also contain these antioxidant pigments. Or you can take antioxidant tablets like derantox tablet one per day.

Also you can apply Kojivit gel on the dark areas only at night time.

Also you can visit a dermatology clinic where they can offer you few treatments which can reduce undereye circles faster.

This will help a lot.

If you have any further query feel free to ask.I will be available for follow up.

MD Dermatology