How to get relief from pain in upper gluteal region after spinal surgery for psoas abscess?

Sir My wife underwent a spinal surgery for left sided psoas abscess it was drained and six screws are placed at l4to s1 and she complaints of pahie in theupper gluteal regions kindly relieve her pain
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Piroxicam and hot water fomentation can be tried Detailed Answer: Greetings Welcome to XXXXXXX I hope the surgery went on fine, there is no surgical site infection and spine instability. I would suggest her following for relief of pain 1. Let her be on bed rest till she has pain. After relief of pain slow gradual resumption of normal movements to be tried 2. Tablet Piroxicam dispersible tablet will be very beneficial in relieving pain, I would instruct to take it with milk and after meals. If the pain is not relieved with it I would suggest addition of Tramadol for two to three days only. 3. Hot Water fomentation can be given at site of pain 4-5 times a day. Consult your Surgeon if you notice any of the following 1. Excessive pain and redness at operated site 2. Shooting pain in lower limb 3. Weakness in lower limb 4. If pain persists in spite of taking medication Do get back to me if you have any other query Wishing her a speedy recovery Take care Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD