How to get relief from knee pain?

How to get relief from the pain in my knee? I think it is arthritis
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Let me tell you some tips to get some relief Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, I am glad to help you with your problem. You are probably right in that the pain affecting knee joints in your age is almost always osteoarthritis. It is a reflection of your age. Let me tell you some tips to get some relief, apart from drugs. 1. Exercise a bit so as to strengthen your thigh muscle. Put your leg flat on a chair and contract and relax your thigh muscles alternatively. Do it for 15 min a day. 2. If your knees are swollen, you may use ice packs; if not, you may use hot packs. 3. you may use knee gels which can relieve some pain. 4. oral glucosamine tablets can increase lubrication and can help. 5. knee caps worn during day time can dramatically work for some, atleast you can try a tight crepe band around your knee. 6. avoid squatting, taking steps or jogging. 7. lastly, you have many OCT drugs, safest is acetaminophen (tylenol) then, tramadol and if not adequate, non steroidal drugs like ibuprofen. I am sure you must be practicing some already, but i wanted to leave no scope. I hope you will be free from pain with one of the above measures. All the best.