How to ease stabbing pain while walking post appendectomy?

I had an emergency appendectomy on Nov 22, but this afternoon & evening I have been having sharp stabbing pains right in that same area. They seem to be more frequent when I stand up and walk around. But they do not necessarily stop if I sit back down. I have tried calling my surgeon, but he did not return my calls.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Try some pain medications! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this pain that you are feeling. It is not strange to have some pains after a surgical intervention like appendectomy. The management consists in taking pain medications to control the symptoms. This usually resolves the problem. Unless the drugs fail to resolve the problem, there is generally no need for any aggressive measures to address this. A combination of Tylenol and Ibuprofen is going to be a good start. In the mean time, continue and put in more efforts to get your surgeon to get him informed and find out whether there is anything that we should be doing differently considering what happened during the surgery. I hope this helps. Thank you so much for using our services. Please, feel free to request for more information or clarifications if need be. I wish you a rapid resolution of symptoms and a speedy recovery. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.