Ask a Dentist   »  

How to cure swelling at the back of mouth behind molars?

I have a swelling at the back of the left side in the mouth. Behind the Molars. Please suggest how to cure it.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Go for Root Canal Treatment or Extraction Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX Thanks for writing in. Your symptoms suggest you are having abscess in tooth. You need to get x-ray of teeth & depending on clinical & radiographic condition of teeth go for treatment. If all conditions are fine & you want to save the tooth then go for root canal treatment, otherwise go for extraction. Consult your dentist for treatment plan. Meanwhile start with course of amoxi-clav 625 combination along with diclo- paracetamol- serratiopeptidase thrice a day & some multivitamin for 3 days. Hope I answered your query. Wishing you good health Regards Dr.Neha Sumra