How to cure serious hair fall problem and receding hair line?

Jan 2014

I have a serious hair fall problem and the hair line is receding fast. i can see my hair has very less root and that maybe the cause. My mother also has the same problem. I have heard Mintop Forte helps a lot for this, but i do not want to use it without supervision. Please suggest
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Androgenetic Alopecia. Yes, Minoxidil helps. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX Thinning and receding hair line in males is classical of Male pattern Androgenetic Alopecia (MAGA) also simply known as Androgenetic alopecia. Scalp hairs are genetically programmed for progressive thinning under the influence of hormones (Testosterone). It can affect the females as well where it is known as Female pattern Androgenetic Alopecia (FAGA). Hair loss has a pattern to it in these kinds of hair loss e.g Teens usually have some Temporal recession which is then followed by deepening of Temporal recession (the earliest stage of Male Hair Loss) leading further to early hair loss in the crown (vertex) and later to further frontal hair loss and enlargement of vertex and so on... By this time people usually become concerned about their receding hair line. Androgenetic alopecia is the commonest type of hair loss in males. By the age of 30 years almost 30% of males have this kind of hair loss and by the age of 50 years almost 50% of males have this kind of hair loss. Treatment modalities include Topical Minoxodil 5%(Mintop Forte) and oral finasteride. Their are well controlled trials and US FDA approval for them for this kind of hair loss in males. Treatment of Male pattern hair loss is long term but gives good results if started at an early stage so that hair loss is not allowed to progress any further (any new hair that grows with this therapy is complementary). Therefore it is imperative that you begin therapy as soon as possible so that your hair fall can be arrested before its too late. I would advice that you consult a dermatologist and have a good face to face discussion regarding all these points. I am here to help you with any further clarifications Hope this helps take care regards Dr. kakkar