How to cure muscle weakness and improve mental health ?

This is a question for Dr. Mazumdar

I am 28, height is 6 feet, weight is 97 kgs and I have a lot muscle weakness which could be a side-effect of a medicine I am taking and I need a second opinion about a condition I have. The medicine is Arip MT and the condition I am suffering from is pseudo-neurotic disorder. I have been experiencing muscle weakness even before I was diagnosed, however now it seems to be more pronounced. Secondly, as I had mentioned earlier I have consulted with a second XXXXXXX psychiatrist however either he seemed old school or seemed to have been agitated to know I have a problem such as this so young as after having diagnosed me with the disorder he started saying "In our days there was no such diagnosis and people used to live with the problem without knowing it, etc, etc." which was quiet annoying honestly. So my second question is should I go for a third opinion after such a second opinion from my psychiatrist. Additionally I wanted to know what can be done at this point for relief from this sort of muscle weakness
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Schizophrenia
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Muscle weakness, a side effect of Arpiprazole is not notified during the clinical trials. So you need a separate evaluation of muscle weakness. A XXXXXXX Medicine physician or Rheumatologist can help. Sometimes no cause is established finally coming under Psychiatry.

Psychiatry is a branch where the doctor and patient relationship should be established as fast as it can, unfortunately the belief is taking so much time by then either of them quits. If you can read between the lines, start to trust your doctor and oblige his suggestions and treatment strategy.

Your Psychiatrist can easly help you with a relief from muscle weakness. Work with him for some more time and understand his treatment strategies.

Hope it helps